Butterfly Festival

Saturday, August 2, 2014

I discovered a little treasure in the Kansas City Area today!
  Powell Gardens is Kansas City's Botanical Garden and it is beautiful!


 The first and second weekend in August is their annual Butterfly Festival.
It was complete with lots of activities, education, and crafts for kids (storytelling, flower pot painting, face painting, butterfly wing coloring, and antenna making).



 Among the perfectly kept gardens and beautiful flowers were lots and lots of butterflies in the butterfly conservatory and the caterpillar petting zoo.








My mom, sister-in-law, niece, and I had a great time.
And, we made sure our Addy was with us. 

I can't help but smile each time I see a butterfly. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design