Africa Bound {Abby That Is}...

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Guys...Do you know my little sis/running buddy/roomie for life?

You know, the one who keeps appearing in all my pictures because she is my right hand {wo}man? Well, she is about to take a big leap of faith. Not a little nudge or casual frolic but a giant jump!  

Friends, she is headed to Africa! 
I refuse to say moving because as a part of her lease to live with me, she committed to forever. So someday she will be coming home but for the time being, she is packing her bags and faithfully headed where the Lord is leading her. 




As I read a letter she wrote about her upcoming mission, I could not be more excited and proud and filled with hope. 


"Have you ever had a dream that felt so big you wondered if it would ever become reality?
Maybe a dream that you knew wasn’t yours but was from the Creator of dreams?"


She dreamed big. Real big and real bold.

And where most might shy away out of fear or find an excuse to cover the calling, she raised her hand and said "here I am." And so, she is going to live out a dream, a perfectly cultivated dream.

In February, Abby will begin a three month long internship for Abide Family Center in Uganda. Can we just take that in for a moment...Uganda people! 
Uganda-be-kidding-me.

The mission of Abide is to empower families by equipping them with tools to stay together and ultimately keep the children out of orphanages. Through the organization, Abby will be working to bring children and families hope and joy though programming activities where they learn skills to improve their quality of life. A-maz-ing. 



Will you join me and faithfully praying for Abby while she serves?

I have already begun praying for the logistics of planning, the finances, and the international travels. I have been praying for unity amongst the team she will be serving with, for the
the hearts of the families she will be encountering, and for the mission set forth through Abide. But mostly, I have been praying for God to use Abby in big, big ways.

Look out friends, she is fierce and passionate and ready.
And as her biggest sister, I could not be more proud.

----

If you are interested in financially supporting Abby as she serves the people of Uganda,
you can visit her funding site here

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design