Peek-A-Boo

Friday, April 20, 2012
Have you heard of Toms?

 If not, allow me to introduce you by directing you to their website...www.toms.com. 
They have a mission to match every pair of shoes purchased with a pair of new shoes given to a child in need. Not only is their mission pretty incredible, but their shoes are so comfy.
 I love them so much that mine looked like this...


It appears that my big toe was trying to play peek-a-boo! Don't get me wrong, that did not stop me from wearing them but  I thought perhaps I should do something about the hole before my entire toe became visible.

So I went to one of my favorite places...Hobby Lobby and grabbed some iron on patches for jeans, fabric glue, and material and I got to work...or I mean my grandma got to work...she was around and offered to help so how could I say no? She is simply the best! 

First we covered each of the holes with iron on jean patches.  This is just to make sure that once we put the new fabric over the top that my toe is not going to pop right back through.



Then it was as easy as doing a little "nipping and tucking" until we got the fabric just how we wanted it. I pinned the fabric to hold it into place to make sure we had it just the way we wanted it before making it permanent.


Once it was laid out, I took a couple of pins out at a time and just used this glue to glue it down. Then, I replaced the pins to make sure it dried exactly how I wanted it to. 





I let the glue dry overnight and then I took all the pins out and ta-da...



My grandma asked about half way through the project why I was not just buying a new pair if I loved them so much. I told her it was because they cost between $40-60. And she responded, "I thought you just got done explaining to me what a great cause it was. Just think if you get another pair, so will another kid."

 Touche, grandma! I do love these...

Decisions, decisions!


Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design