The Laundry Closet

Saturday, June 23, 2012
When the hubs and I lived in our humble little apartment on the Paseo, we had a Euro washer/dryer combo in our kitchen. I think we maybe used it once or twice. You could wash a couple of shirts or two towels at a time because it was so tiny. The complex had a normal size washer and dryer in the garage that we paid to use but we also went to a laundromat when we had several loads to do. Needless to say when we moved to our home we were overjoyed with the thought of having our very own washer and dryer! Even better...the previous owner left her washer and dryer behind so we did not even have to purchase them...they were all ours...and the laundry closet is right outside of our bedroom...talk about awesome! 

Here is what the laundry closet looked like when we moved in...



And quickly it started to look like this...


We don't have an linen closet so the laundry closet is pretty much our storage hub...towels, linens, cleaning supplies, iron/ironing board, extra toiletries/tp/paper towels.


It was functional but it was a mess so I took everything out and started organizing.


Back to where we started when we moved in. 

The first step was painting the shelves because the wood 
color was just not working for me.





Much better, right? I think it looks so clean and crisp.

Next, I went to Target to get some organizing bins. I made a list of everything that needed to be stored in the closet so when I went to Target I would know how many and what size bins I needed. 

I get really excited about organization and storage so I spent a few hours browsing Target to evaluate all my options.



And of course the bins needed labels...



Not only do I love the organization, but I love all the color too! 
Perhaps I am odd, but I get excited to open the closet door and see all those bins!

And now for a little before and after comparison...




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design