A Few Snips Shy of a Pixie

Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Please allow me to take a moment to tell you all a sad tale...

Over the weekend, I was getting ready to go to a tailgate party with my hubs and some of his friends. I took a shower and blow dried my hair as usual and then went to straighten my hair like I do everyday. I picked up my first section of hair, placed the Chi right up to my scalp, and as I clamped down, my hair started smoking. 
I pulled my Chi away and a section of my hair came with it. 

I freaked...almost broke down in tears...then panicked.
What hairs didn't get singed off were burnt to a crisp on the left side of my head.
It was fried, crispy, frizzy, and totally untamable.

Luckily I had an appointment with my bff in the hair stylist world, Clover, scheduled for today. I had texted Clover to give her an advanced warning but she was a little overwhelmed when I showed up. She consulted another stylist and together they went after my hair.  Apparently if you burn your hair all you can do is cut it becasue no amount of conditioning or hot oil treatments (which we tried) can reverse the damage. 
In the end, I ended up with what I think is my shortest haircut ever. 
It is going to take some getting used to but sweet Clover gave it her best shot. 


It is just a few snips shy of being a pixie cut.

1 comment:

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design