Grandparents

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

I have the privilege of something most don't and it is not something I take lightly.
I know it is rare but I am blessed to say that all four of my grandparents are still living. 

They have been a large part of my life and the older I get, the more I value the gift of time with them. I get sentimental thinking about their farms, the stories of days gone by, and of material things they value. 

So, I make it a point when I go to visit to bring along my camera.
Because I know that someday these times will be memories.




Someday, I want to be able to share with my grandchild like they have shared with me. 
To tell about how much life has changed or about secret family recipes or about the lessons taught to me. I want to share about my times with them and how much they (and grandma's cooking) meant to me. 



And my siblings, they have come to really love that I bring my camera along.
And since they love it so, I am nice enough to allow them pose for photos too!



I am not really sorry for making them join in my picture taking fun...someday they will thank me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design