Veggetti and Meatballs

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

If you asked Abby, I think she would tell you that her favorite Whole30 meal was meatloaf and cauliflower "mashed potatoes." But for me, hands down it was veggetti and meatballs.

The Veggetti was a purchase in the midst of our Whole30 journey and it was well worth the $14.99 price tag! Run and get it because it can turn veggies into pasta or lo-mein noodles!

Simply twisted and like magic, the zucchini and carrots were noodles!


 To cook the veggetti, just toss them into boiling water for three minutes and then drain.

As for the meatballs, I could not find a Whole30 recipe that I totally jived with (mainly because a lot of them had mushrooms, bison, or pork which I wasn't so sure about) so I combined and came up with my own.

Ingredients:

1lb Beef (I use the leanest ground available)
1 Handful of Fresh Spinach (Shredded)
1 Small Sweet Potato (Peeled and Grated)
1/2 Tbsp Dried Parsley
1/2 tsp of Paprika
1 Egg
Salt and Pepper

Combine and roll into golf ball sized balls.



 To save time on the weekdays, I made the meatballs on Sunday and left them rolled in the fridge until I was ready to bake them. 

Coat the pan with coconut oil, spread the meatballs, and then cover with foil.
Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.

Toss them over the cooked veggetti and top with sauce (if you are eating Paleo or Whole30, I highly recommend Costco's Kirkland brand of Marinara).




I told you the Whole30 meals were delicious! 
You can do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design