Friday, August 3, 2012
I love fried okra...like really love it! 
I don't eat it very often because I am sure that it is not good for me. 
I recently saw this pic on Pinterest...


It was like angels were singing when I saw the pic...totally delish!
I clicked on the link and was intrigued when I saw that it was baked and not fried!

I followed the recipe (except I left out the Cajun seasoning) and gave baked okra a try!
 


Toss the okra in a zip-lock baggie and pour the corn meal over the top.


Give yourself a little arm workout when you shake it up and coat the okra.
 

Dump it into a strainer so that the extra corn meal is removed. 


Place on a baking sheet, spray with canola, and bake! 
 

Ta-da! 


I was pretty crispy and yummy! 
I don't know that I'd say it was as good as fried okra but I totally felt better about eating it! 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design