Super Cheap Chalkboard!

Thursday, November 29, 2012
I had a few questions about the chalkboard that we are using 
for our weekly bump checks...

 I made it and you can too! It was super easy and cheap!


I picked up a frame at a thrift store ($3) and a can of chalkboard paint from Hobby Lobby (~$5).


I read a couple of tutorials about just using the glass as the chalkboard but that made me a little nervous so I took the glass out and replaced it was a scrap piece of wood from my grandpa's garage. I primed the frame and the board with a spray primer.


A couple of coats of chalkboard spray paint on the scrap wood and a couple of coats of regular black spray paint on the frame and it was finished. 



Total: $8! Happy Crafting! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design