Running With The Sas {Our First Half}

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Ladies and Gents...We Did It!


In May, Abby {or 'The Sas' as she is affectionately called} and I ran our first 5k
We enjoyed running together so much that we decided to dream bigger and began training for a half marathon. Neither of us fancy ourselves to be runners nor did we even think in our wildest dreams that we could run for two solid hours, but we did!


 We didn't follow a set training schedule nor did we set out to obtain any records, we just wanted to prove to ourselves that we could run a Half Marathon. 


We had pretty perfect running weather and the best fan club we could have asked for. 
They were loud and encouraging and it made me smile to see them.

{Abby really did enjoy the run, not so much this particular incline.}

And with us always, my beloved daughter. 
She has made me stronger than I ever knew I could be.


I am pretty darn proud of us. 
I could not have asked for a better sister/roomie/running buddy! 
She keeps me grounded yet motivated and I adore her. 

Off to train for a marathon {just kidding Sas}. 
I am just giddy that we ran 13.1 miles...check that off the Year29 Bucket List!



1 comment:

  1. So proud of you. You have endured deep pain and you are such an inspiration to others. Tis the season of HOPE. My hope is you can continue to push forward and God's great plan for you will be revealed. Love! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design