Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Thank You.

When I started blogging about Baby V, it was a way for me to let my thoughts out. 
Never did I imagine the number of people that would actually read my thoughts...or how many people would respond with love, support, and prayers...or how many people would take an interest in our precious baby girl.  I am simply amazed. We are blessed with caring and supportive people surrounding us. I cannot say thank you enough but from the bottom of my heart, know that I am so appreciative.

We have a consultation appointment set for next week with the Fetal Health Team at Children's Mercy. We will be meeting with a neonatologist, perinatologist, renal doctor, surgeon, a genetic counselor, a social worker, and a member of the palliative care team. The team will present us with what they feel are Baby V's anomalies and their recommendations (whether that be medical interventions or palliative care).  I pray that this meeting will provide us with direction.

In the meantime, we will continue to have weekly ultrasounds with the perinatologist at Saint Luke's to check the amniotic fluid levels and the size of the kidneys. Today, the fluid level was still within a normal range which is a sign that her kidneys are still functioning. 

Baby V's heart was beating at 162 beats per minute and she weighs 1 pound and 15 ounces. She is still just as active as ever in her comfy, cozy womb.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design