32 Weeks

Saturday, February 23, 2013



We had what we expect to be our last ultrasound on Wednesday. There were no changes, good or bad, in Addalyn's condition. Her anomalies were still present and the amniotic fluid was sparse. She is on par with the growth chart for her gestational age and her heart is as strong as ever...142 beats per minute! Her little head is still in the right lower quadrant, her bottom in the upper left quadrant, and of course her hands were up by her face (the lack of amniotic fluid prevents her from moving around).

While it is always neat to get to see Addalyn, the ultrasounds are difficult. I wish I could say they provide comfort but in actuality they make both Nate and I anxious. It is their responsibility to tell us what they see but hearing all the problems just makes us sad. Addalyn wiggles and kicks enough to remind me that she is present (and Nate has actually been able to feel her a couple of times! She is most active around storytime at night...I think she likes being read to!) and since we know her prognosis, we didn't feel it was necessary to continue to have the ultrasounds. The perinatologist was fine with that...she actually said if they were comforting then we could do them weekly but since they aren't then there is no need to keep doing them. Perhaps it is living in denial but I prefer just to feel her moving and watch my belly grow than to go weekly for an ultrasound to have to be reminded of all the problems. 

I love being pregnant. It is simply a miracle that there is life within me. I am fascinated with my ever growing and changing body and the fact that I can feel Addalyn's every move. Nate has commented before that we are going to stay pregnant forever...at least we know that Addalyn is safe within her little womb.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design