Miracles

Wednesday, May 22, 2013
It is a miracle that babies are born healthy everyday.

Those were the words of our OB when we went in for our very first OB appointment at 8 weeks. Long before our world was rocked at our 12 week appointment, my OB left us with those words after seeing little Addy's heart beating for the very first time. While only the size of a bean, she was perfect...she was a miracle.

I love my hubby, we have good jobs, and a home.
I was healthy and was diligent about taking my prenatal vitamin every morning.
I avoided lunch meat, hotdogs, and my beloved diet coke.
I turned down the water temperature when I showered and avoided taking baths.
I did everything every book ever said to do when pregnant.
She was planned for, she was prepared for, and she was wanted.
Why would I expect anything but to have a healthy baby?

It truly is a miracle that babies are born healthy everyday.

We have not one but two sets of very dear friends who have recently experienced miscarriages. While our stories are different, my heart aches for them and the pain that life has handed them. Why is it that you can do everything right yet everything can go so wrong?


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design