Postpartum Appointment

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Today was my 6 week postpartum appointment. 
I will give you one guess of what happened while I was there...

Waiting in the waiting room...I cried
The nurse gave me a hug and told me how sad she was for me...I cried
My OB walked into the room...I cried

I cried through the whole appointment. 
I cried through the whole appointment, but I made it, tears and all.

I cannot say enough good things about my OB, it was comforting to see her again. 
In the weeks prior to Addy's birth, Nate and I had very hard conversations with her. She walked us through so many situations to help us make the most educated decisions given our situation. She helped us carefully make a birth plan and although she wasn't there for the delivery, we knew our desires. There were no impulsive decisions. We knew the plan and the delivering OB knew our plan because we had spent weeks talking through everything with our OB. 
 
While we wish the prognosis would have been different for our Addy,
 we are so grateful that we are without regrets regarding all the decisions we had to make. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design