Reflecting on Hope Spoken

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

I went not knowing anyone and without expectations and walked away overwhelmed by the depth and richness of God at work. 

Everyone has a story. Mine is a story of loss paralleled with betrayal.  Some have stories from their past and some uncertainty in their future. Some have stories of triumph or joy and some of pain or struggle. Regardless of what it is, everyone has a story. 

Gathering with other women who are willing to strip down to the core and share their inner most joy, struggles, triumph, or failures is freeing. From the words of my 20 year old sister, "For some reason we equate brokenness with weakness or imperfection, but really our brokenness is where God is complete.  When we share our lives with people it opens up completely different relationships and draws us nearer to each other and ultimately to our God."  Amen sister. 

That is what Hope Spoken was for me. The opportunity to hear other people share, to build each other up, and to be reminded of the richness of the one who can redeem.

I came home feeling ready. 
Ready to heal, to surrender areas of hurt that I continued to harbor, and ready to overhaul the distractions in my life so that I can hear, that I can focus, and that I can allow God to work. 

To Him, I am worthy. To Him, I am loved. To Him, I am enough.


9 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting. I absolutely loved this: "For some reason we equate brokenness with weakness or imperfection, but really our brokenness is where God is complete. When we share our lives with people it opens up completely different relationships and draws us neared to each other and ultimately to our God."

    I am a fellow HopeSpokener and also a bereaved mother. I found your post through the link up and am so glad I clicked and read Addalyn's story. Sending prayers for your continued healing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, I wish we would have met at Hope Spoken. I am hoping to go next year!

      Delete
  2. You have an absolutely beautiful story. And a beautiful daughter. I'm glad I got a brief chance to meet you. Now, after reading your story, I wish I had hugged you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy that you came, even without knowing anyone. And I'm happy that you shared your story with us. Your sister is a smart one! But it's so true, where we are weak, if we left Him, He can be our strength. And when we share, it's as if we lock arms and strengthen each other. We can lift each other up, we can hold each other tightly and offer support. You're in my prayers. Prayers of real peace, and of open arms. "My soul will rest in Your embrace." I'm excited to see this next part of your life and to see His hand over it all. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! I am so glad that we met and I may just take you up on that offer of a place to stay on the beach someday!

      Delete
  4. I am so glad we met!! Thank you for opening your heart and sharing your story with me. Praying that God would continue to bring healing to your broken heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jess! Your blog and your celebration of Cora have been such a source of encouragement to me. It was so wonderful to meet you!

      Delete
  5. Found your blog through a link from HopeSpoken. Read a little of Addalyns story and was intrigued to find out more. Then I realised why, cystic hygroma, i went through a very similar pregnancy with my little guy. Wanted to send you a huge hug for your continued peace. Our father knows the plans for all our kids, although the reason may not always seem obvious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just clicked over to read your story and indeed our paths were very similar. My Addalyn had a cystic hygroma at 12 weeks that resolved by 18 weeks and completely normal chromosomes determined by a CVS. All the genetic testing I have done has come up empty on a diagnosis.

      Hugs and peace to you as well! Thank you for reaching out!

      Delete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design