You Are My Sunshine

Friday, April 4, 2014

Addalyn's 1st birthday was March 19th.
To celebrate, I planned a small birthday party in her honor.


There were proud grandparents, great grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends. 


 There was laughter, tears, and joy as her life was remembered through words and pictures.


There were fresh flowers, cookies, cheesecakes, and cupcakes. 






There were, much to my surprise and amazement, hundreds of books collected to bless other families who experience loss and to carry on Addalyn's memory (a goal of $1,000 was set and I am so humbled to say that the goal was met).


There were lanterns sent sailing into the sky as the familiar words of  "Happy Birthday" were sung. 




And, there was one overjoyed momma at the celebration of her beloved daughter. 


Oh Addalyn, you my child are deeply loved.

To the moon and back. 


-----

A most heartfelt thank you to wonderful staff at Shoal Creek Golf Course and to my dear friend Diana from Switch Focus Studios. Diana did our maternity photo session, captured the beautiful photos that I have of my Addalyn on the day of her birth, and took all the photos above from Addy's first birthday party. Diana, a fellow grieving momma, will always hold a special place in my heart.


4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful way to celebrate your precious Addalyn! It was such an honor to meet you last weekend. I'm thankful that a seat was saved for me at your table... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Kirby! It was very nice to meet you too!

      Delete
  2. I love how you celebrated your sweet girl on her birthday. Every detail was perfect. Hugs to you as you miss your precious daughter!

    ReplyDelete

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design