Sunday, July 8, 2012
A few months ago I was desperately trying to give my mantel a makeover, the problem is...it is MASSIVE! And by massive, I mean like 18 feet long and 2 feet deep.
 I really loved it when we first saw the house but it is pretty overwhelming to decorate. No matter what you put up there, it always looks to small and out of place. 

I had pinned this pic awhile back on Pinterest so I decided to give it a try.

Huge pic and only $13 to make! 
http://www.sugarbeecrafts.com/2012/01/giant-picture-tutorial.html

The Blog claimed that you could print a 4 foot x 3 foot pic at any office store and mount it on insulation board for less than $10. 

So I gave it a shot...
I actually made two because I was not sure how the pics would turn out. 

I followed all the steps on the Sugar Bee Crafts Blog 
beginning of course with gathering the supplies.


Then I painted around the edge of the insulation board so that when 
I mounted the pics it would have a black trim. 


Once it was dry, I used spray adhesive to attach the photo...



The top pic turned out better because the picture itself was a lot lighter but nonetheless,
 I put the bottom pic on my mantel. For $10 it works for now...





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design