Addy's Birthday Week...

Sunday, March 23, 2014

It was a year ago today that I sat in the front of a church for Addalyn's memorial service.
It was suggested that I record the service given that I was sorta in a fog and I found it to be a very strange suggestion at the time. I could not imagine myself rewatching the memorial service. But, I can tell you that I have so many times. It was a very beautiful and heartfelt service and rewatching it is oddly comforting to me.
 
It is hard to believe that it was one year ago that she came into and left this world. 
In some regards in seems like yesterday but in others it seems like a lifetime ago.
 
She was well celebrated this week. 
And, not one thing went unnoticed...I saved every card, printed every email, and screen shot every text to add them to Addy's scrapbook.  

I want to always remember all the love she (and I) received. 




Knowing that my Addy was remembered and well celebrated during the week of her first birthday warmed my heart. I am deeply grateful and truly blessed by the love and support. But deep within me, there is so much emptiness. When there were no more cookies to bake, cupcakes to decorate, or planning to do, the reality that she wouldn't physically experience her first birthday hurt. I miss her so much. 




When all is quiet, the tears flow thinking about how life should be. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design